Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Nail on the head

I am definitely feeling this too.

"It's one thing to be active when people are excited and glad to see you on the
street or knocking on their door. It's another thing when they say, 'Go away.
It's summer,'" he said. "I think we're going to lose some of that impulse, some
of that energy. I think it's flagging already."


I'm afraid I may be saying "Go away" long after it's summer. I know that's what happened in 2006, knocking on doors. Now that it's parade and dairy breakfast season here in Wisconsin, and though I may be a political junkie, I'm tired of politics all the time. If I miss out on the blogs one day, I feel like so much has gone on there's no way I can catch up. On the other hand, I don't seem to care.... The era of the "perpetual campaign," gearing up in January after a November election, seems like it may peak and die sooner than we thought.

If Thompson comes out on July 4th, maybe I'll check back in, but for now, I think I'll wait until Back-to-School 2008.

No comments: