Saturday, July 12, 2008

Favre

I am daring to post on a matter very close to my heart that has my emotions in a tizzy.

First and foremost, Ted Thompson, we hate you. I use a collective WE, I am not alone.
A trade may be the best resolution, but Thompson and McCarthy declined to discuss that possibility. Thompson said he had not received any inquiries from other teams as of Saturday morning.

"We've communicated that to Brett, that we have since moved forward," Thompson said. "At the same time, we've never said that there couldn't be some role that he might play here. But I would understand his point that he would want to play."

When asked whether that role might be as a backup or coach, Thompson said: "not a coach."

Added McCarthy: "He did ask about that, though."
(WELL, WHY NOT AS A COACH!?) But as for Brett... I'm concerned. If he wanted to come back to the Packers, he should have fought for the right to more time earlier. We would have waited. We waited before...

I worry that if he were to get his release, going to another team would ruin his reputation among Packer fans world wide. Can anyone say Riot? We see this man as a man of honor, a man of his word. When he speaks and the tears roll down his face and he says "I have nothing left to give," we shake our heads and cry in empathy. OK, Brett, OK. We'll let you go...

To go to another team and play for a year or two, it's Reggie White at the Panthers all over again, minus the one-year of retirement. No one wants to see that.

Brett always said he wanted to end his career as a Packer. Why would he change his mind?

I'm hoping he just wants all the rumors to end, to get his release and retire for good, to not be tempted and to not burn bridges with Green Bay. Here's hoping.

No comments: