Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A little GOP/You Tube debate commentary

I tuned in a little late this evening, and still have a lot of research to do on each candidate...but thought I'd offer a lay-gal's perspective.

Most humorous response: "Jesus was smart enough never to run for public office." -Mike Huckabee. Haha.

Q; Bible- do you believe every word? I don't know if I can believe Giuliani when he says "I believe it's the greatest book ever written." Too quick, too cliche. Maybe he should have taken Huckabee up on his offer to help him out with the answer.

But I ate up the Minister's answer on this one. I wish his defense of his more liberal fiscal governing choices was as rhetorically beautiful as his answers to social conservative questions.


Giuliani's mouth bothers me -he twitches when he talks. I can already see the Mr. Ed-like political cartoons. (Oh I'm so mean, and shouldn't attack on physical appearance, I know. Start your own blog.)


Q:Repairing the image of America in the eyes of Muslims? Turn it back on the Dems...that's a fine strategy I suppose. McCain, Giuliani: fight the terrorists, offend the extremists, support the strategy to succeed. Why is Duncan Hunter speaking?

What I'd like to hear is "Muslims, it's your image that needs repairing in the eyes of Americans. Don't support the terrorists by acting so offended when we defend America." But obviously, more eloquently.

Q: Torture? McCain is so bad-ass. P.O.W. speaks, and we ALL listen. (Minus the Jack-Bauer 24 reference. Who doesn't want to see Jack Bauer torture the bad guys and come out on top?)

Q: Who'll commit to Iraq? Fred Thompson...he's really tall...zzzzzzzzzzzz.... oh sorry, I fell asleep. HEY! It's Ron Paul! He reminds me of Mr. Magoo....disses the surge-rambles-"The Shia, people in the north, uh, uh, give them their country back." Yikes, people of the Ron Paul revolution, please take off your bumper stickers before I take my ice scraper to them.

Q: Gays in the military? Just stop with this question people. Now, does Romney have an original thought? It seems he reminds us who he's advised by often, or where he'll get his consultation from. What do you really think, Mitt? REALLY, just STOP with this question. The fire of passion is in McCain's eyes. He really does respect all who serve. I'd like to see that in the empty responses of our other panelists.

Chuck Norris is there!! When Chuck Norris jumps in the water, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Chuck Norris. Oh, I'm listening, sorry.

Q: National Debt? Let's get Fred an eye lift, but then let's listen to his ideas. I think he's on to something.

Q: Mars? Huckabee on space was good. Not just the Hillary remark, but the reminder that we all benefit from space exploration with the technology we use every day. I never thought of it like that. Forget Mars, let's fix our home planet first. We have to draw the line of spending somewhere, and at this point in time I think any possible life on Mars can wait to meet us.

Q: Infrastructure? Anyone else see the Thompson-Giuliani side convo while Ron Paul was speaking?

Well, I'm glad that's over. I'm sure glad it was relevant to most Americans this evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now I among your readers