Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Survey says? "I'm a jerk!"

Today on my now-weekly door outing for the McCain/Victory campaign, I ventured into Fitchburg.

1. Little did I know there is so much turnover in Fitchburg.

2. Could people please allow me to finish my sentence when I begin speaking? After "Hi, I'm a volunteer walking on behalf of the Republican Party today, asking a quick ---" I was cut off several times with either
a. FRANTIC WAVE. "No, I'm a Democrat, DEMOCRAT!" and a door slam.
or b. "Not a chance. Not interested." and a rude shake of the head.

Could you at least let me say I would like to ask you a few questions for a survey before so rudely dismissing me? Perhaps you'd still partake - even being a democrat?

Oh that's right, these folks don't have the time of day for an opinion that differs from their own. I forgot.

2 comments:

Marcus Carman said...

They have to "frantically wave" and slam the door because otherwise by asking a question, you might turn a switch on inside their heads, and they'd have to actually use their brains!

I live in Fitchburg now after living in Madison for almost my whole life. I was somewhat surprised Fitchburg is as liberal as it is. Even the rural areas are such as the two most liberal city council members represent the most rural district.

I applaud your effort however.

Joe said...

Kinda like the Democratic Congress, wouldn't you say? Funny how they're for free speech & debate. In the words of Hillary: I think they need a pillow.

:)