Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vick is Sick

Whoever allowed Michael Vick to come in and speak to high school students about peer pressure has lost their mind.
The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback, who served prison time for running a dogfighting ring, addressed a rapt audience of 200 freshmen on their first day at Nueva Esperanza Academy, a North Philadelphia charter school.

"I didn't choose to go the right way, which led to 18 months in prison, which was the toughest time of my life," he said. " ... I was influenced by so many people when I should have been a leader, not a follower."

He said he tried to do the right things at school and at home, "but I had another side to me, and it was a dark side."
It's total crap. Vick was a leader in that ring, no matter who else he wants to blame.

This is a guy who made thousands of dollars torturing animals, "rolling" these poor pitbulls, and hanging, drowning and slamming their bodies to the ground.

There is absolutely NO excuse for that. No one to point at but himself. To blame your socioeconomic status for dogfighting, AFTER you've been a college star, a success in the NFL - AFTER you've come of age enough to learn right v. wrong - is shameful!

As a high school student, you wouldn't have caught me dead in that auditorium.

No comments: