Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Good Poems for Hard Times

I suppose I need to be more political in my postings...but what is there to say that hasn't been said? We're doing well in ND, despite the impending doom of flood. WI is a train wreck for now, and all thoughts on Walker lead me to hold my tongue or swallow my pride (more on that another day).

There are days I think Twitter is stupid. Useful, the next. For news and things. I often wonder- that's often pronounced withOUT the "t"- how people find these interesting tidbits to share. I spent the day working and didn't have time for webbrowsing... maybe I'll post something revolutionary and world changing tomorrow.

But on this Monday night of 1,000 successes during a productive day, great training run, and all around feeling of gratitude, I cannot sleep.

And so I share with my tiny world of readership, a book I so love: Good Poems for Hard Times, selected and intro'd by Garrison Keillor.

The best new discovery? Soda crackers. Raymond Carver is enriching my life with his short diatribe on soda crackers. I cannot read the first line without laughing.

Look it up. Will post text tomorrow

No comments: