Thursday, March 12, 2009

Donald Miller- Naked

I have to share Donald Miller this morning; on Adam:
"God directed Adam's steps, so that when He created Eve, Adam would have the utmost appreciation, respect, and gratitude...
And then I thought how beautiful it was that God made Adam work for so long because there is no way, after a hundred years of being alone, looking for somebody whom you could connect with in your soul, that you would take advantage of a woman, once you met one. She would be the most precious creation in all the world, and you would probably wake up every morning and look at her and wonder at her beauty, or the gentle, silent way she sleeps...

"Adam and Eve, after all, are the only people in all of history who had a good relationship with God. Everybody else, after the Fall, had a pretty screwed-up idea of who God is, but Adam and Eve had the whole Deity before their eyes. And even though Adam was still lonely for a companion, I'll bet he didn't have any self-doubt or any low self-esteem because he had God ther and, as I have said, just as a plant gets its life from the sun, people must have received their life from God. Jesus was always talking about how His glory came from God, as though God was shining on Him. The thing that made Jesus good, and the thing that made Adam good, was God's shining on them.

Can you imagine something like that, what it must feel like in the soul to have God's glory shining through you? With that much glory, that much of God shining through you, you would never have a self-defeating or other-person-bashing thought again. It would be brilliant. To say nothing of the earth, how wonderful it must have been, and to have had this wonderful woman Eve counseling you through the ways of love and relationships, but to have God shining through you is an idea, a mentality hardly imaginable. I'll bet I wouldn't think about any of the stuff I think about if I had God always shining life into my soul. I can hardly wrap my mind around the idea.

No comments: