Monday, May 11, 2009

Newt!

WALLACE: Is Notre Dame wrong to honor the president?

GINGRICH: I think that to the degree that Notre Dame still thinks of itself as a Catholic institution, it raises real questions.

One, it invites somebody who, as a state senator, voted to protect the right of abortionists to kill babies who were born -- who were still alive after the abortion. And I think the president’s position has been the most radical pro-abortion of any American president. So I think there is a legitimate question there.

But look. I’m a new convert. I’ll let -- I’ll let the Vatican speak for the church. I’m just speaking for Newt Gingrich.

WALLACE: Wait a couple of years, and then you can start speaking for the pope.
If this guy seriously runs for President in 4 years, you can bet I'll be on that campaign!

No comments: