Wednesday, July 8, 2009

W.

I just watched the movie, "W." I do think the actor selections were decent, though I felt Brolin's performance was a bit over the top.

Oliver Stone did his best to include little jabs at the President - a few "dumb" moments if you will, and exagerating some of his character traits.

I also SEVERELY question whether George W. Bush EVER told VP Cheney to "put a lid on it," as he was the "decision maker." That made me sick, and honestly, the movie could have done without.

It's also very thin. Because of the montage-style, the vignettes fall short of having enough emotional depth. His relationship with his mother and father are hard to grasp as truth, from what I have read and seen in the modern media...but who knows what is true.

So alas, two hours of my life I can't get back. Oh well.

No comments: