Monday, December 7, 2009

I like Palin

I like Sarah Palin. Her latest steps have pundits predicting, but I appreciate that she's not letting it go to her head.
At the dinner, she said to much laughter that she liked her Washington hotel because “I came down from my hotel room and I could see the Russian Embassy”. Mrs Palin, who frequently lambasts the Washington media, said: “Sometimes you’ve just got to trust your instincts. And when you don’t, you end up in places like this.”

She added: “It’s good to be here, really, in front of this audience of leading journalists and intellectuals, or as I like to call it, a death panel.”

Mrs Palin could not resist a dig at Vice-President Joe Biden, her counterpart in last year’s election, who has thinning hair and who in the past has tried to slow down his balding by having hair transplants.

Mrs Palin, referring to Going Rogue, said that if the election had turned out differently, “I could be overseeing the signing of bailout cheques and Vice-President Biden could be on the road selling his book ‘Going Rogaine’.” Rogaine is a hair loss treatment.

Mrs Palin also joked that she had originally thought of entitling her book ‘How To Look Like a Million Bucks, For Only $150,000’. In one of the controversies surrounding her candidacy, the campaign spent at least $150,000 on her wardrobe.
Do I think she was ready for prime-time last year? Definitely not. Do I think she should be the front-runner for President? Not yet.

But I'm sure I'll read her book. And I find her charm, well, somewhat intoxicating. Perhaps because she is so threatening to liberals. Perhaps because she is such a strong woman, as Rachel Campos-Duffy so eloquently describes.

I'm most certainly not ashamed to say that Sarah Palin is a role model in many different ways.

We'll see what's to come.

No comments: