Monday, January 14, 2008

Dirt

Owen was having a down day Sunday and I think we can all pray for him this week.

And while my pittly little life pales in comparison to Owen's troubles, have you ever woken up to the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and not considered that you will actually make it through that day? It's like the time drags on and any misstep or hold up feels like your world is not as you built it to be, but someone or something else has control over it and can change your mood by the tug of a string.

Today's one of those for me. I'm in a hole and someone is just shovelling pile of dirt after pile of dirt onto me. Little things, but they add up. I can still breathe... and the dirt isn't even covering my body... but it's heavy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another way to look at this is someone could be shoveling something other than dirt.

lms said...

Like what, JP?

Anonymous said...

Like something immoderate.