Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gas Station story

Last night just before the Packers botched another game-ending, I found myself in Fargo in the -8 degree weather, filling up my car with gas.

At the Tesoro station, the sticker on the machine said to insert my credit card one way. It proceeded to stick inside the machine where I could not retrieve it.

By accident in my frustration, I hit this green button, thinking it might be some kind of "eject." Alas, this was not to be the case. A friendly woman then appeared on the overhead voice speaker.

"What do you need, now that you've so conveniently hit the green button calling for help." It was laced in sarcasm.

I was so taken aback by her attitude, I merely responded in-kind that I had made a mistake and perhaps she could readjust her attitude. I said my card was stuck and I was simply trying to get it out.

And here glowing response was simply, "You better get it out."

Thank you. You must really love your job. What a B***H.

No comments: