Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Already screwed up?

Obama admits he's frustrated.
Barack Obama on Tuesday gave up his nomination fight for Tom Daschle and a second high-profile appointee who failed to pay all their taxes, fearing ugly confirmation battles that would undercut his claims to ethical high ground and cripple his presidency in just its second week. “I screwed up,” he declared.

“It’s important for this administration to send a message that there aren’t two sets of rules – you know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes,” Obama said in one of a series of interviews with TV anchors.

“I’m frustrated with myself, with our team. I’m here on television saying I screwed up,” Obama said in an interview on NBC’s “Nightly News with Brian Williams.” He repeated virtually the same words in several other interviews.
We know Obama was obsessed with Bush admitting his mistakes...but I'm not sure it's the best move to just say "you're frustrated and you screwed up" everytime something doesn't go as planned.

Will we just accept that in the future because our new president is all "mod and hip and willing to admit his mistakes" and talk about how he feels? Um, I'm not so sure.

It took only two weeks for the first one...

No comments: