Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ambassador Green returns

Mark Green is set up in D.C.
"This is what I want to do," said Green, whose ambassadorship ended last month with the departure of the president who appointed him. Green now heads up an office in Washington for a nonprofit group, Malaria No More, whose stated goal is ending malaria deaths worldwide.

In taking that job, Green passed up for now the most conventional moves for someone with his résumé: running for office again, resuming his law career in Wisconsin until the next campaign, or going to work for a Washington law or lobbying firm.

"It's not my world right now," Green, 48, said of elective office. "If there were the right opportunity, would I get back into public life? Sure. (But) I'm not seeking it out. I'm not exploring anything or talking to anybody about it."
We wish him the best.

No comments: