Monday, April 21, 2008

Growing to S-HAIR

I'm growing my hair out for charity. The question is:

Locks of Love? or Pantene Beautiful Lengths?

It's 75 degrees and looking sunny for the week, which usually cues my "Chop it!" moment. I wake up and shower, shampooing my hair and deciding it's time for the summer haircut - yes, chin length bob and all. But not this year.

I've already been growing my hair for what feels like forever, but my hair has a mind of it's own. It refuses to grow. I have a good 4-5 inches if I were to go short, and I advise myself against the "pixie cut," so we're looking at another 4-5 inches left to grow.

GROAN. I know it's not that big of a deal and who really cares. But humor me. That's an inch a month (carry the five, plus one, doot doot doot doot doot), yes, 4-5 more MONTHS to grow, I mean go. Well it's a good cause and an easy way to give a little something back, even if it is only hair. If Hilary Swank can do it and still be a glamorous movie star, I can do it, right?

I'm going to need a little motivation as the heat of summer kicks in. Anyone care to join me? Or at least feel free to post cute ponytail suggestions...

No comments: