Thursday, October 11, 2007

Before it's too late...

I'd like to comment on the budget debacle and how Governor Doyle and our Democratic Senate is now a laughing stock. While other bloggers may tackle it more in-depth, my analysis is pretty basic, but one I feel needs a voice.

As many of you know, Governor Doyle called a special session to hammer out a budget earlier this week. Speaker Huebsch says they are still about a billion dollars apart. (Thought: YIKES!) When the Dems decide to drop something, they raise another. It's all about increasing spending and taxes to them. Giving away more freebies on your dime!

Let's hammer the hypocrisy! This, from Doyle's 2003 State of the State Address:
"Going forward, my mind will be open to every solution -- except one. We should not -- we must not -- and I will not -- raise taxes."

"Wisconsin's problem is not that we tax too little. It is that we spend too much."

After finally agreeing to remove death-trap-idea Healthy Wisconsin, (Thank God), Wisconsin taxpayers face an $18 billion dollar tax increase (HA!) including:
1. A looming $600 million property tax hike
2. Gross receipts tax
3. Cigarette Tax
4. Hospital Tax
...and the list goes on.

The lack of shame in this man's large bald head an is absolutely bewildering.

Can we get a replay of his soundbite from '03?
"we must not -- and I will not -- raise taxes."
The record must have skipped. I swear he said "I will not raise taxes." Hmm...that's one for the 'George H W Bush read my lips' book!


It's a brazen willingness to say one thing and do another- Pinnochio style! The taxpayers are all supposed to just sit on his nose shaking their heads while he bats his eyes and shrugs his shoulders.



"But, but, but I'm for the taxpayers..." he says.

No wonder people have lost faith in their government.

No comments: