Thursday, October 25, 2007

Shriver disses the news

Maria Shriver has cited the Anna Nicole Smith media storm as one of the reasons she won't return to tv news. It actually sounds like something a more conservative anchor would say. Is Kindergarten Cop getting to her?
Shriver, speaking Tuesday at a women's conference, noted the media circus surrounding Smith's accidental drug overdose death in February.

Shriver told the audience at a Long Beach conference that Smith's death provided her with a moment of career clarity: "It was then that I knew that the TV news business had changed and so had I. I called NBC News and told them I'm not coming back."

I like it. (And while I'm loving on a member of the Kennedy clan, for young women- I also like her books.)

It's too bad that when Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC wouldn't talk about Paris Hilton in jail, she was dissed for actually wanting to cover relevant NEWS.

No comments: