Saturday, February 2, 2008

Why I'm boycotting the Superbowl

Other than I don't care for either of the teams... may I offer you a joke I read this morning:
So Four NFL Quarterbacks Go to Heaven…

God asks Eli Manning first: "What do you believe?"
Manning thinks long and hard, looks God in His awesome eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans."

God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat next to him.

God turns to Philip Rivers and says, "Philip, what do you believe?"

Rivers replies, "I believe there's no such thing as luck, that everything is guided by Your hand. I've been judged on the field, and what I've achieved is not good fortune but rather my guided path."

God is impressed with the depth of Rivers' response, and offers him a seat next to him.

Then God turns to Brett Favre and says, "What do you believe?"

Favre says, "I believe in passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too have been lucky, but win or lose I've always tried to be a true sportsman both on and off the playing fields."

God is greatly moved by Favre's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat next to him.

Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?"

Brady replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

No comments: