Sunday, July 20, 2008

"I'm BATMAN!"

Yes, I am thinking about the oldie but goodie, Snickers commercial. And also the amazing The Dark Night. I will surely fall asleep dreaming about Christian Bale.

Something about the voice- even mechanical inside the suit- and the visibility of only his lips, chin, and dimples on the IMAX screen- had me swooning through the whole movie. That, and I do recall his boyish charm from the remake of Little Women. (Groan if you must, men, but actors in classics like that -also big screen Jane Eyre remakes - always get the girl.)

Plus, the action and special effects are quality. And Heath Ledger really is Oscar-worthy by that performance. Who else could walk in the street away from an exploding building wearing full clown make-up and a woman's nurse uniform, and be both sickly funny and disturbing at the same time? I don't understand how critics could not like this movie.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for shoot-em-up action entertainment. But I'd say, go see it.

No comments: