Thursday, July 17, 2008

Presidential wish lists

Reading Redbook magazine, I come to the "presidential wish list" where celebrities and readers alike have quotes listed about what they'd do as President.
"I would work tirelessly to abolish hate in our nation..."

"I would be open and honest with the public...and bring on the best group of advisers I could find to create a better America."

"I'd address the needs of low-income and poverty-stricken families.

"I'd impose a federal sales tax on luxury goods in order to lower income taxes for the middle and lower classes... finally I would allocate the billions of dollars we are spending now on Iraq to autism research instead."

"I would instate universal health care."
GAG ME! Ladies. WAKE UP! No wonder the future of our nation is so at risk- we've got a bunch of ignorant utopian "do-gooders" making un-researched choices in the name of pagaent-style world peace.

The one semi-conservative entry was from a 28 year old in Raleigh, NC:
"I would continue fighting our wars abroad in order to prevent future terrorist attacks. I would also crack down on illegal immigration. Many people work hard to enter this country legally, and it's an outrage that those who live here illegally can reap the same benefits."
Amen sister.

Women's magazines need to stick to fashion, weight-loss, and sex because the politics are way too skewed.

No comments: