Monday, July 28, 2008

A letter to Starbucks

Starbucks Customer Relations
PO Box 3717
Seattle, WA 98124-3717


To whom it may concern:

I have recently been made aware that Starbucks is discontinuing the decaf mocha frappuccino mix. As you can tell by the nature of the following letter, this came as a complete shock to me.

As a faithful Starbucks patron and a decaf coffee drinker, I write on behalf of all decaf frappuccino lovers. It is not the caffeine jolt we seek, but the quality coffee mix over blended ice that brightens our day. Your supreme coffee taste and quality presentation has kept me coming back in the warmer months. I enjoy the offer of decaf- the freedom to enjoy the taste I crave without the effects of caffeine I cannot have. (For those who argue, "why drink coffee if you're not going to have caffeine," this is not meant for you.)

What would America be without choices and freedoms to choose caff or no caff? And what are we telling our decaf patrons - That their business is no good? That perhaps decaf drinkers are unwelcome in the coffee world? I certainly hope not. My bank account could prove otherwise.

I ask you to reconsider the discontinuation of decaffeinated frappuccino mix. Perhaps the demand is not high, but the customer satisfaction will be if you bring it back. I can guarantee you will lose my business for a good 6+ months without this option on the menu. For the sake of coffee-taste lovers everywhere!

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
LMS

faithful decaf drinker

No comments: