Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Parking lot mishap

Heading out to run errands the other day, not too many people are expected at the Walmart SuperCenter in the middle of a work day.

As I left, a few bags in hand and began to walk to my car, I felt a follower. Yes, a white Camry was on my heels, nipping away as if ready to pounce the second I left my parking stall.

In a crowded parking lot, that may be acceptable behavior. But NOT at 11:00 in the day at a Walmart SuperCenter parking lot where there are at least 25 open spaces in each row!!!

She continued to follow me to my car, where I proceeded to load the back seat with my bags. Door still open and still loading, this women slowly turned in the space...wait for it...

RIGHT NEXT TO ME!

WHAT?! I turned in her direction and just said "Really, lady? Really?"

She made no acknowledgment of me, and proceeded to pull in while I sucked in the gut before being squished and quickly hopped into the front seat to go.

What is it with people?

PICK A DIFFERENT SPACE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I drive a pretty big pickup. It is a 1500 extended long bed. I tend to take up 2 spaces in most lots. Because of this I also tend to park way out in the back of lots so as not to inconvenience folks that might not be able to walk as far with kids, groceries and what not. It is uncanny how many times I will be all alone in the lot and yet when I come out I will have a little cluster of cars around and behind my truck. I have cars actually dent their front plate on my hitch hanging off the back.