Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ryan says no to Governor

Oh Paul.
Rep. Paul Ryan, R-1st District, will not run for governor next year, according to a statement from his campaign office Monday. The statement was released in the wake of news media speculation that Ryan would be interested in the office after Gov. Jim Doyle's announcement that he would not run for re-election. Following is the text of Ryan's statement:

“Governor Doyle has spent his career serving others through elected office. He has sacrificed much time away from his family and personal pursuits as a result and I wish him the best of success in whatever path he follows in the future. As far as my own plans are concerned, I will be asking my employers, the residents of Wisconsin’s First Congressional District, to rehire me as their Congressman in 2010. Consequently, I have no plans to run for Governor of the State of Wisconsin next year.”
In that case, we'll wait for President, 2012.

No comments: