Saturday, June 21, 2008

eastmountainsouth

was it really

years ago

did you need me

hey, I'll never know

I'm sorry for clinging
I'm sorry for wanting more

my heart was there for you pounding down your door

maybe it was timing

maybe I was too much

running behind you
pushing my love

well, you weren't ready

and you said you thought I knew

but I was taken with your beauty
and lost inside of you

winter made a sound

maybe next time if you need me

I'll be around... I'll be around... hey I'll be around

yeah I'll be around

I never meant to swallow you

you never were my savior

maybe just my lover
maybe nothing more

now one more winter

has passed so silently

and I'm tired of longing
that you'll come back to me

winter made a sound

maybe next time

if you need me... yeah; you'll need me

and winter made a sound

I know, if you love me

I'll be around, I'll be around, I'll be around

I'll be around

now one more winter I know, now one more winter I

know

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my heart hurts too