Monday, June 23, 2008

Why do we do the things we do?

I'm a political volunteer. I don't have to be. Nor do any other volunteers have to do what they do.

I don't want to be thanked. I don't need thanks to keep me coming back.
But why do we do what we do? There is a special person I want to help too, and he asked me tonight why. This was my answer:
I do it because I'm part of the team and I believe in the team. I do it because I want our country to go in the right direction, though I may disagree sometimes with the path it takes - I still know who I want leading the way. I do it because if you're not passionate about something in life, what will drive you when you wake up? I do it because the liberal agenda has the power to crush the human spirit. I do it to love you well.
I'm not trying to make anyone feel inferior or pretend I'm so high and mighty. I just want to do my part, how I can, to do something I believe will impact a lot of lives in a more positive way. This is my way.

I hope I am not alone.

(for my heart)

No comments: