Friday, June 20, 2008

update on freedom from

I thought this was fitting to my post last night.

Oswald Chambers in My Utmost for His Highest yesterday, writes:
"Today we have substituted doctrinal belief for personal belief, and that is why so many people are devoted to causes and so few are devoted to Jesus Christ. People do not really want to be devoted to Jesus, but only to the cause He started.

"Jesus Christ is deeply offensive to the educated minds of today, to those who want Him to be their Friend, and who are unwilling to accept Him in any other way. Our Lord's primary obedience was to the will of His Father, not to the needs of people -the saving of people was the natural outcome of His obedience to the Father.

"If I am devoted solely to the cause of humanity, I will soon be exhausted and come to the point where my love will waver and stumble."
Again, it must be exhausting to be unconditionally loved by a God you refuse to acknowledge the existence of.

No comments: