Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Echoing the Chief

This is what I've been saying, President Bush!
President George W. Bush said Tuesday he was disappointed in "flawed intelligence" before the Iraq war and was concerned that if a Democrat wins the presidency in November and withdrew troops prematurely it could "eventually lead to another attack on the United States."

In an interview with the political newspaper Politico and the Internet portal Yahoo, Bush also said he gave up golf in 2003 out of respect for U.S. soldiers killed in the war, which has now lasted more than five years.

"I didn't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

He acknowledged concerns about leaving the unfinished Iraq war to a Democratic successor.

"Both Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton have said they will — my own judgment is, is that race will only enter in if it's provoked by the press."
They can't end the war like they're promising, because frankly, we're not in charge of the war. Terrorists are. But they'll wink and smile and promise and win in November if the public doesn't wake up.

I think it's smart to lay it out there. The terrorists will be less afraid to bomb the unsuspecting and ill-prepared led by President Obama or Clinton, who think we can "negotiate" with them. They'll laugh in our faces when they poison our water, or whatever their next move is. I'm glad he's bluntly stating his opinion. More people need to hear it.

Just one question, Mr. President. Can I still golf?

No comments: