Monday, May 19, 2008

Some advice to follow

At the GOP Convention this weekend, someone gave me a piece of advice.

I am struggling with the idea of "pimping" McCain, shall we say, come November. While the idea of the Ron Paulites/Paulenteers- what have you - scratching their nails on the chalk board pushes me to the edge, I am not sold on the nominee-to-be.

I have been spoiled, working and volunteering for candidates I've truly believed in. Does that mean I can't tow the party line?

At the end of the day, will I work so that John McCain beats Hillary and Barack? Absolutely. Is it because I think he would be a better leader? His experience alone blows them out of the water. But mostly, it's an anti-campaign. I am against either of the democrats rising to Commander in Chief. I do not think they have what it takes, and I fear for our nation with four years under that kind of naivety and inexperience.

Do I agree with every decision or stance McCain has taken? No. But do I agree with the President all the time? That's a tough one to admit, but No.

So getting to the advice. I asked someone how he does it, how he wakes up and sells McCain every day with any fire. And he told me to read his book, "Faith of My Fathers," and decide for myself.



I do enjoy an independent thinker.

No comments: