Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Name-calling

I did thoroughly enjoy the "If Sarah Palin was my mom" name-maker, because well, she could be my mom.

My name would be...drumroll...Roller Texas Palin. Sweet.

But let's not make fun of her kids for their names. So what, they are different. As is Barack Obama's. As yours may be too. Maybe you're Tom, Dick, Jane, or Mary. But did you come out of the womb asking not to be called Hugh Jewnitt or Ima Tramp? Someone did that for you.

I'm all for interesting, atypical, and bringing older names back. Be gentle to these kids.

And let's not forget, at one point Obama did go by Barry Seotoro, or Barry Dunham, or something. (No I don't think we need a lawsuit to demand an explanation, but still.) Barry done who? (Gasp!) Bullies, have at it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my name would be Rifle Panzer Palin

-Perli