Monday, July 9, 2007

Couric needs to learn her lesson

I once slapped a boy on the cheek in 6th grade because he was making fun of my friend. He came to school the next day with a big bandage on his cheek, just to toy with me. I cried before homeroom and apologized. And I left the slapping antic on the playground.

Katie Couric should take a lesson from those middle school days.

How is her behavior considered ok - considered a joke?
"I sort of slapped him around," Couric admits. "I got mad at him and said, 'You
can't do this to me. You have to tell me when you're going to use a word like
that.' I was aggravated, there's no question about that." (She adds that the
pair made up, and the incident became a kind of running joke on the set.)
Katie, you're a real comedian. Those flirtatious displays of affection or irritation, whatever the situation might be, should be clearly defined in a work place. They do not include slapping someone.

Couric, stick to your day job. She crossed the line in my opinion.

No comments: